Friday, March 26, 2010

where trouble melts like lemon drops, high above the chimney tops; that's where you'll find me

I wish I could record all the swishing, dripping, banging, clanging, knocking, thumping, bubbling, whistling, rushing, thundering, and clicking noises that the hot water pipes for our complex -- which happen to run through our basement apartment -- make each night. Then you'd understand why I don't sleep through the night (other than the sinus problems, of course).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12 minute mile + 3 years of no workouts + medical issues = 30 minute mile. Sheesh. Math really does suck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heart swimming!!!!

Dudes, I pulled the breast stroke out of my hat Wednesday night... haven't done that one for 30 years. I'd been pissing around with the backstroke and a paddle board, 'cause my breathing was so ragged I didn't trust my face in the h20. But today for the first time I got the breathing under control and spent 35 minutes straight on laps alternating the crawl, backstroke, and breast stroke. I was fucking awesome!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Whole Foods: broccoli and shrimp do not belong on a pizza. That is all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My guilty pleasure (the mindless People mag) + another guilty pleasure (Haagen-Dazs chocolate/peanut butter--dude, it's not even fro-yo) + George Lopez on the telly?

Priceless!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking up 8th Ave on a mild march evening, from the kmart at 34th to the modell's on 42nd (after a full day of work, an incredible workOUT, and an evening of student advising for which two whole students showed up), with IZ K serenading me via my ear buds?

Priceless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing on the A platform at 42nd and watching two maintenance men search the tracks with flashlights, find something, reach down with a claw attached to a long pole, pull it up... and hand the cell phone back to the dumbass woman who dropped it on the tracks -- all before the next train came and smashed it to bits?

Priceless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to the circus tonight.

And to a wine tasting workshop tomorrow.

I fucking love my life!





photo mine...some funky plant in fort tryon park

No comments: