Sunday, December 13, 2009

shameless product plugging

I don't have to go to the local laundromat weekly, thanks to a couple of handy-dandy products. It's a bit of a hassle to find a time to go that fits my schedule, is when they are open (they close early evening), and when they aren't horribly overcrowded.

So now I wash my clothes with this little item:



I can fit a work week of blouses in one load, two pair of slacks in another, etc. I do a half-dozen small loads, and my work clothes are done. Put them in, fill with H2O from the bathtub faucet, agitate for 5 - 6 minutes, pour out wash water, fill with rinse water, add fabric softener, agitate again, pour out water.

Then I put the load into this lovely little helper:



This thing spins clothes much dryer than the laundromat washer manages to do. After this, I hang the clothes up and they are dry in a couple of hours max. Between the two, I only have to go to the laundromat once a month or so to do towels and sheets. Everything else can be done at home in the evenings. It works very well to do the laundry while cleaning the apartment -- I intersperse dishes, vacuuming, dusting with loads of clothes, and it breaks up the monotony of doing one thing for too long.

And if I need something to dry more quickly, I have this:



It hangs over the door and funnels hot air into an enclosed square of fabric. Today I washed a sweatshirt-type hoody, and I used this to dry it so that it would still be soft, not slightly stiff like some heavier fabrics come out when hung dry. It only took about 45 minutes to dry it completely.

It sure beats packing all my stuff into a wheeled cart, dragging it to the laundromat, and fighting for available washers and dryers.

2 comments:

Ladyk73 said...

super duper cool!

That is the lovely thing about having a house (after so many years in icky apartments) is laundry machines....and gardens

Ladyk73 said...

although I used to like my laund-ra-mat times.... a good book...a trip next door to each mighty taco!