Sunday, September 13, 2009

In which I finally take the old apartment key off the chain

God, I haven't written here in forever. Well, for a good six months anyway. Didn't know if I ever would again. Don't think anyone even reads this anymore. Oh well. I always said I wrote for me, not for others, so it shouldn't bother me if no one comes around, right?

Almost four months into the new apartment. It's still hard to believe I'm here. Today I spent two hours at the laundromat and the rest of the afternoon at home running around in a peasant shirt and panties.

It isn't as though I spend all my time hanging around the apartment, though. Yesterday I spent a cool two hours at the Frick, and then popped by Macy's Herald Square to pick up a set of cooking pots. They were on sale and I had a coupon, so I paid about $130 for the set.

Last weekend I did one of the tours at the tenement museum. And I bought one of these deals on facebook and will do it on one of the upcoming three-day weekends.

So I'm loving the hell out of the city -- the stuff to do, having this place right across the street, having everything I need literally around the corner from my apartment, the half-hour commute to work instead of 1.5 hours.

But hell...I lived in my last place for 11 years -- that's longer than I've lived anywhere else in my entire life, including childhood. So even though I didn't love the hell out of the place, it was still hard to take the key off my key chain.

You know what I mean?


(photo mine, taken at ft. tryon)

No comments: