Tuesday, May 13, 2008

more going out than coming in

So the car was making clicking noises when turning, and it had been getting steadily worse over the last several weeks. It was bad enough that I had to take it in today to be looked at.

Both CV axles, and two bald front tires: roughly $700 (final total: 770.29).

I barely have enough cash and open credit on two cards to cover the bill.

I just applied for a loan against my retirement from TIAA-CREF.

Because you see, I still have the LMSW licensing exam and study materials, my annual professional membership fee for the NASW, the eye doc and dentist for the rugrat and I, the car hasn't had an actual tune-up servicing in the last two years, potential college costs for rugrat, her birthday (good thing I hadn't actually bought her gift yet or I'd have been short the $ for the car), and her graduation.

All between now and the end of June.

Oh yeah. I'm loving the move up from welfare and poverty to lower-middle-class professional. I surely am. Upward mobility.

Here are a few money songs from the past that are rolling around my mind at the moment.

Money - Pink Floyd



Money - Cabaret



For the love of money - O'jays

No comments: