Monday, April 07, 2008

I'm fucked

Just checked email, had a message from the committee chair. Seems the second committee person shared her concerns on Friday.

The chair thinks it's serious enough that if the second had bothered mentioning her concerns earlier, we'd have postponed the defense to iron out those concerns.

It's highly likely that I'll get an accept with major revisions.

Which is just one step above reject.

And which will require a second defense.

Just for the proposal.

It's 2 am, I have to be up at 5:30.

I have to teach two classes.

Rush uptown.

Present my powerpoint.

Answer her concerns.

And fucking fail.

In front of whoever shows up to watch.

Cause it's open to the public...remember?

If there weren't so many people coming to this thing, I'd call it off.

I really wish I did drugs. Or something.

2 comments:

wifelet said...

I'm thinkin of you Chica. I'm thinking how scared I was when I defended my Master's and I'm thinking how I decided to bail before finishing the Doctorate.

*huge hugs and crossing every digit i own*

ladyk73 said...

((((hug))))))