Monday, April 21, 2008

fly

So the rugrat, her BF and I just watched the movie Joshua on PPV. The one about the psycho kid. The song at the end, written by Dave Matthews, was called the fly. It's a haunting tune, with some horrifying lyrics. It's running through my head over and over.

When I pull the wings off of the fly
The fly never wonders why I did it
When I pull the wings off of the fly
The fly never wonders why I did
You know they didn't ever
Have to love me
No, no, no

And no one ever will ever
Love them now
Oh, oh, but they
They always wanted somehow
To save me
Why, oh, why
For pit's sake, they should've saved themselves
Oh, oh, but you

You always said I never missed a note
I only ever wanted to be with you

I only wanted someone to play
Play, play, play
When I pull the wings off the fly
The fly never wonders why
You know they never really ever had to love me
No, no, no

But no one will ever love them now
Oh, oh, but they
They always thought that somehow they could save me
But why oh why
For pity's sake me, they should've saved themselves
but you
you always said I never missed a note
and nobody ever knew me like you do, you do

You always said it's gonna be ok, ok
I only ever really wanted to be with you
I only wanted someone to play, play, play, play
When I pull the wings off of the fly
The fly never wonders why I did it


2 comments:

fellahere said...

See, that was a good song. The only Matthews I even remotely like is a batch of demo recordings done at his start, just him. They sound like this sounds.

The people who put up the video spelt his name rong.

Want to see a fucked-up movie about a fucked-up mom fucking up her kid?
the heart is deceitful above all things (2004)
I'm glad I watched it, or experienced it, but it is, above all things, disturbing.

Don't know why it was made, asia argento directed from some notorious short stories... I guess.

imdb: "The dysfunctional twenty-three years old Sarah takes her six years old natural son Jeremiah from the home of his beloved foster parents with the support of the social service to live with her. Along the years, the boy shares her insane and lowlife style and is introduced to booze and drugs and mentally, physically and sexually abused by Sarah, her lovers and her religiously fanatic family."

Spring said...

Yeah, I'm not a dave matthews fan either, but this song is awesome.

I missed that movie entirely, but I might have to look it up and check it out. Sounds good in a bad way. I like movies like that.