Monday, March 03, 2008

hello sunshine!

So yesterday, I finally discovered just how fucking serious menopause can be. I finally experienced a down low swing that brought me so far down that I laid around the house, eyes and throat swimming in, choked by, tears, most of the day. I couldn't find my way up enough to get any work done -- not even the damned MFD.

I know, I know, I keep saying that I can take anything menopause throws at me, as long as I don't lose my freakin' sex drive. But yesterday, I wondered -- even if oh, so briefly -- if I could stand up to that claim. I could only hope that the down swing wouldn't last.

Despite more insomnia as well (thanks for that too, big M), I made it through my first two classes today. Went down to the cafeteria about 2 pm to grab some lunch, and it was so busy I decided to run down the block and get some really-bad-for-me taco bell. I stepped outside, and it hit me.

The sunshine, that is. It was fucking incredible, blue sky, bright sun, and I was out there without my coat and it was balmy, I tell you, balmy! Instant mood lifter, that sun is.

And it brought to mind a bunch of songs about sunshine, which I can't get out of my mind now and so which of course I'm going to share with you so the tunes can drive you nuts as well. I mean, what kind of friend would I be not to share my insanity around?

Good Day Sunshine:



Here Comes the Sun:



And the same by Nina Simone:



Sunshine on my Shoulder:



Sunshine go Away Today:



Soak up the Sun:



Ain't no Sunshine:



Island in the Sun:



Island of the Sun:



Ummm...what am I missing?

3 comments:

fellahere said...

pink floyd fat old sun

I swear the word verification is the same as the name of the new russian president.

Ony said...

Weezer and John Denver? I'm a happy girl. Thanks.

curious said...

"Sunny day, chasin' the clouds away..."

Sesame Street.

:)