Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I wanna be a tigger, not an eeyore

So I have had a couple of frantic weeks, and it won't end quickly. But after watching this, I'm trying to look at the positives.

Dissertation positives:

--The meeting went well and they didn't criticize my work
--I now have the third committee person for the committee
--I have a date set for the proposal defense - April 7
--I'm starting to make headway on the statistics program being used to do the analysis
--I have a deadline for completion of the proposal - March 7
--I only have two weekends left to work on the proposal and then I get a break for a couple of weeks while they read...I'll breath then
--As terrified as I am of the defense, I think I might stand an outside chance of passing

Current faculty development workshop positives:

--I wound up not having to do a formal presentation
--My work garnered positive comments all around
--I have the go ahead to make full use of the assignments in my class
--I think that the facilitators (and other attendees) have collegial respect for my efforts

Potential faculty development workshop that included videotaping:

--It looks like I may not be be able to do this one since I'm already in a workshop with a stipend attached -- pressure gone (I hope)

Other positives:

--I've finished the workshop series on using Blackboard and they were very helpful
--My students are fucking awesome
--I've completed and submitted my income tax returns
--I've written a few letters of recommendation for others
--I made it to the gym twice last week
--I finally got to bogo for my birthday

The stresses are still there, including my semester observation-evaluation, which will be done by the department chair this semester. But I'm trying to just take it one day at a time.



The most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

(photo)

2 comments:

Bear Able said...

Sounds like things are on forward track! Kudos to ya! one question tho' what happens after the sucessful proposal defense? or doe the docorate get awarded after that?

ladyk73 said...

Yippie!

Oh...I use Blackboard for school.
A on-line computer program for files and discussion boards? I actually had a class that was ALL on-line with it.