Thursday, January 10, 2008

oh fer fuck's sake!

Saying that you are fighting off a cold pretty much assumes that you actually have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the fight. I think today I lost the fight. My sinuses are so bad my teeth and my ears hurt, and I had to come home from work early 'cause I was falling asleep at my desk. I feel all shaky and weak-kneed.

I don't know if the old line is feed a cold, starve a fever...or feed a fever, starve a cold. All I know is I fed it. And I didn't want to cook the way I felt, so I stopped by the chinese food place near the train station on the way home and bought sesame shrimp. And soda, and chocolate.

And I used my steam/vapor machine directly under my nose for about 2 hours tonight, breathing deeply to loosen my sinus congestion. Vicks, decongestant, antihistamine, guafenisen expectorant so the congestion doesn't all go to my bronchial tubes and mess with my asthma. A vaporizer tonight (different from the steam/vapor machine). And I'll sleep in tomorrow and go back to work on Friday.

I just can't get a fucking break, can I?

I do not need to be sick now.

I do not need this!

2 comments:

trin said...

I hope you're feelin' better, chica.

And what's your new handle on ALT?

Spring said...

Hiya trin! Finally feeling better. And my handle over there is 'themthereeyes.'