Wednesday, December 19, 2007

stillness of heart

Grades were electronically input tuesday evening at 6 pm. I've already had one email from a student who insists that she turned in an assignment that I know damned good and well she didn't. Since she did not produce a copy of said assignment at any point during the semester to support her claim, I believe the grade I gave her was fair.

My first day off. What to do, what to do.

I slept in.

Washed some dishes.

It was cold in the apartment, so I cuddled back into bed and turned on the electric mattress pad.

Slept a bit more.

Ate some cocoa krispies.

Finished cleaning the apartment.

Showered etc.

Went down to storage to get the christmas decorations and tree (yeah, it's a fake...the asthma, you know).

Put up said tree but waited on decorations so rugrat could do that tomorrow.

Made a casserole for dinner.

Paid a bill.

Checked all my email accounts.

Slummed Puttered around alt till the the idiocy got to me.

Finally opened that corona I bought the night of the 'puter crash at work.

Searched the internet for a secondary text for one of my courses and ordered one to read next week (I can't seem to get completely away from work).

Made an appointment for the doc for next week to see about getting off the anticoagulants so I can start working out again.

Background music for today courtesy of Lenny Kravitz.



I'm out here on the street
There's no one left to meet
The things that were so sweet
No longer move my feet
But I keep trying
I keep on trying

All that I want is
Stillness of heart
So I can start
To find my way
Out of the dark
And into your heart

I got more than I can eat
A life that can't be beat
Yet still I feel this heat
I'm feeling incomplete
What am I buying?
My soul is crying

All that I want is
Stillness of heart
So I can start
To find my way
Out of the dark
And into your heart

Where is the love?
What is this world we live in?
Where is the love ?
We've got to be more giving
Where is the love ?
What happened to forgiving ?
Anyone ?

All that I want is
Stillness of heart
So I can start
To find my way
Out of the dark
And into your heart

No comments: