Sunday, November 18, 2007

i got the music in me

Things are still pretty crazy, but still in a good way. My thanksgiving break will be filled with work, but things are over for the semester as of Dec. 18. I think I may need to collapse physically for a day or two, but after that, I'll dig in to the MFD.

Still trying to walk when I can. When I get to GCT and hop on the train, I have to put something on the Zen that will bring me down from the walk and accompanying walk-music. Lately, that has been the soundtrack from Legends of the Fall.

I'm not much for soundtracks that are just a compilation of songs (except for the City of Angels, which I listen to often as well). I tend to like soundtracks from epic movies, composed speficially for the movie, like Last of the Mohicans, Titanic, and Secret Garden instead.

This is incredible (even if it was before Brad Pitt could act); just listen:



And speaking of music, I was listening to Muddy Waters (this one) the other day and discovered that he did the first version of I Just Want to Make Love to You, one I'd (very) naively thought was originally Foghat. But you just can't do better than Waters, can you:




Speaking of old blues, I picked up some John Lee Hooker too, at the library of all places, and I'm really diggin' it. Here's Hooker and Santana (another fave) doing Chill Out:



Anyway, rugrat made a cake today for her bf's 21st birthday. She also made him breakfast in "bed," pancakes, eggs, and bagel. Somehow, I wound up baking the actual cake (although she frosted it) while she made breakfast, and washing all the damned dishes as they took off to see Vivica A. Fox at the Beacon, courtesy of the bf's mother. The woman can't pay the rent, but she outdoes the rugrat's efforts at a 21st celebration with broadway tickets. Go figure. Oh well, at least they had fun.

3 comments:

WistfulWench said...

Wishing you and rugrat a very Happy Thanksgiving!

jenny14 said...

Spring

I still read you but must admit it was easier when you were on Alt

Anyhow, glad your life is going well

Hope rugrat's bf has a great party

Happy Thanksgiving from Australia

Jenny

Spring said...

Wistful, thanks, and to you as well.

Jenny! How nice to see you. I'm so glad you still stop by sometimes.