Saturday, September 29, 2007

so today it finally sunk in

The fact that I clearly have chosen a career that will wipe out any chance of a personal life. I just realized. I spent 13 hours in the office today. Not counting commute time. Grading the first assignment in one class. And it was a fairly simple one. What about when it gets worse. And there are assignments due in two classes. More complicated assignments.

I left the house at 7 am and got back home at 11:15 pm. Now I'm sitting here watching what not to wear as I wait for the rugrat to get home. She's out having fun.

Tomorrow it's another blood draw to check the anticoagulant level. Then a visit with the doc so she can yell at me about my last blood work cause my blood sugar and cholesterol were up three weeks ago.

If I'm done on time I hope to do a little bit of shopping. Cause it seems I might actually be able to fit a little house party with some fellow bloggers into my schedule next weekend. OK fine, so maybe my personal life won't completely end. But there's no way I'm going to meet new people without something decent to wear.

And maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to see a movie tomorrow as well. Resident evil. I mean it. I gotta see it.

Sunday? Clean the house. Laundry. And there's this little thing that I need to do something with. Even the smallest little thing so they'll I'm getting things done. That would be the MFD.

3 comments:

galros said...

I feel the same way sometimes! Today was the first time all week I spoke to someone outside of work - and it was on a tutorial for my uni course!!!!

All work and no play.....etc etc etc

Now I only have to follow my own advice!!!!

galros

fellahere said...

That is really too much time.

I missed commenting on the student who couldn't find social welfare articles but someone has to sit down with her and open a newspaper or magazine or a web connection to explain what to look for.

It seems like it's not clicking, doesn't it?

WistfulWench said...

I'm so jealous of you, though! You're going to get to meet a couple of AMAZING ladies I haven't met yet!

Give that gorgeous blonde from Chicago a kiss from me, please?????

And have a blast!