Monday, July 30, 2007

this is your body on blood thinners

Look closely at the photo. But ignore the fact that every year of my age that doesn't show in my face shows in my hands. Please ignore it. Pretty please.

Remember when I said that all my blood draws in the hospital had to come from the back of my left hand, because the IV drip was in the left arm and the clot was in the right?

Well, if you look closely you can see bruising on my left hand, going up to my wrist, from all those sticks. It's been a week, but it's still there. Rugrat took this for me last night, to 'remember.' As if I'll be forgetting anytime soon.

And actually, if you look even more closely, you might be able to make out the more swollen veins on my hand, and the big lump on my right arm, just above the wrist (go straight up from the forefinger), that is one of the more swollen veins and bothers me the most. I am a major klutz, and I keep bumping that freaking spot on everything.



1 comment:

jenny14 said...

Spring

Yes- they do look painful

Hope you recover soon

Jenny