Friday, July 27, 2007

oxycodone fucking rocks...well, except for a few minor side effects

It's amazing how much ongoing pain can affect you physically, mentally, and emotionally. You get to the point where you can't even make a simple decision, because you can't think straight anymore.

So I took the pain killer last night about 10:30 and was out by 11. Slept quite well, for the first time in a long time. It doesn't quite take all the pain away, but you feel so good the remaining pain doesn't have much impact.

I also took today, after getting the blood draw early in the AM, on another dose of the oxy and bed rest. OK, sofa rest. I only got up to take the rugrat to work, and will again later to pick her up (bus doesn't run late enough).

Only today, there were a few side effects I hadn't felt last night: some nauseau, dizziness, and itchy skin. Yes, I know antihistamines help with the itchies, but I'm not taking anything without checking with the doc. I'm too afraid of the blood thinner.

In fact, I was still so tired that I decided not to take one in the afternoon, even though it was allowed. Right now I'm at the point of needing one, the pain's getting dicy, but I don't want to take one when I have to drive to pick up rugrat soon. I'll take one tonight, though, as soon as we get home.

My arm is still swollen in places, and it still hurts like hell, but rest and the oxy are making it much better, improving my morale. So don't expect any more maudlin posts like the last one, ok?

Related thought of the day: People who have difficulty with that whole empathy thing should not ever -- EVER -- consider becoming a phlebotomist!

2 comments:

WistfulWench said...

Just want to let you know that we're thinking of you.... Feel better soon, sweetie!

Spring said...

thanks wistful. :)