Wednesday, July 11, 2007

the best health care is reserved for congress

I just yesterday read a blog post about the movie Sicko, by Michael Moore. Now, I'm not a Moore fan simply because I'm not a fan of any extremist left or right. The message gets lost in the rhetoric and name-calling with the extremist tactics. But I do think Moore at least makes an effort to bring things to our attention and makes us think about them.

Ironically, today I read an excerpt from chapter two of a book titled Practicing Medicine Without a License! The Corporate Takeover of Healthcare in America, by Don Sloan, M.D. Yes, it's still liberal-leaning, but not in an extremist way. And the comparison data from the World Health Organization puts it into perspective quite nicely. It's a long excerpt, but please consider reading it through -- I think it is so well written.

No comments: