Sunday, March 04, 2007

another dissertation update

Last week:

This week:

--I completed the section on the Social Security Act, including changes to policy in 1961 and 1967, using the framework previously established
--I also have briefly summarized about a third of the book that is the backdrop for the Family Support Act and the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act.

I think, if I can do a bit of library research online tomorrow over lunch and download a couple of economic journal articles, then I can read for a couple of nights and knock out the section on human capital development and labor force attachment. Then I can pull in the backdrop book to narrow those concepts down as pertains to welfare policy.

Then next weekend, I can complete the history and description of policy pieces for the FSA and PRWORA sections based on the backdrop book, and the rest of the edits from the second committee member.

Then the following weekend, I can summarize the outcomes studies for those two sections.

Then the week after, I can work on the few changes I need to make to the methodology based on feedback from my chair.

This thing is really starting to flow nicely.

No comments: