Thursday, October 05, 2006

why ask

I always email my lecture notes to the students after the lecture, just in case someone missed a comment or a point in class on a particular day. Two weeks ago, a student asked if I would email them prior to the date I would be using them, so that they can follow along.

I told her that I had tried that before, and half the class stopped showing up because they figured if they had my notes, then they didn't need to be around for my lecture.

She, and all the students around her assured me that they would not do the same, so I agreed to try it once and see what happened.

So, last Friday, I emailed the lecture notes out for Saturday's class.

I'll give you one guess who didn't have those notes in class that day and kept holding up the class to ask me to repeat something.

No comments: