Tuesday, August 08, 2006

next steps

I have to get my syllabus to the right support staff soon, so it'll be ready on the first day of class.

Also, I need to start getting additional readings scanned into e-res so that I can add them to the student disk. This weekend I'll make sure I have all the new readings copied, and take them in on Monday.

Then I need to buy cd's and write all the disks. Basically, I take all additional readings and documents that I think they can use for class -- I've put together some really good resources, not just for this class, but that they can use afterward -- and I put them on a cd for each student. You just can't count on blackboard or e-res, cause systems go down, and they are difficult to access. So it's something I do for the students -- well, mostly for the students, but also for my own peace of mind.

No comments: