Wednesday, February 15, 2006

is this just too cutesy


Rugrat 'entertained' her boyfriend (he's not officially my boyfriend mom) at our place yesterday, while I was out celebrating my own version of valentine's day (well, ok...not my version--our version). She cooked him dinner (quesadillas), they watched a movie, and she gave him a manicure. Yep, a real honest to goodness manicure. Isn't that just too sweet for words!


By the way, I like this guy. He's too old for her (she's almost 16, he's almost 19), but he's a good hard working kid. He'd be in college if he could afford it. He loves my books -- they're mostly social welfare policy and US history -- and when I saw him perusing them this weekend, I told him he could borrow any one he wanted (well, except the late 19th century printings--too precious to leave the house). He took me up on the offer...borrowed one last night.

3 comments:

Dean said...

A 19 year old kid who likes to read...AND says "thank you" and appreciates when someone does something for him? If not for the age issue...I'd say he might be a nice keeper. At those tender ages...4 years is a HUGE gulf.

ScottAllen said...

there was almost 4 years between my Mom and Dads age when they married. she was one week shy of 18, and Dad was 2 months shy of 22. I think for the most part, ages are numbers, reflecting how long we have been around on the planet, not what we have experienced or done in that time.

Spring said...

dean, pretty incredible, huh? Wonder if it will last...

scott, I think the key for me was 18 vs. not quite 16. But still, people mature at different ages, so who knows?