Sunday, June 19, 2005

Something drew me to your side

Just finished watching the king and I. Gotta love that dance scene. Nothing's hotter than Yul, arm stretched out in front of him, intense look on his face, grabbing her around the waist and whirling her around the floor (well, I have to admit, all the scenes of him pulling back his tunic and putting his hands on his hips are pretty hot--torso shots, mmmmmm). I've never really listened to the lyrics to Shall We Dance before, so I looked them up. I could read a hundred other meanings into these lyrics. Couldn't you?



We've just been introduced,
I do not know you well,
But when the music started S
omething drew me to your side.
So many men and girls,
Are in each others arms-
It made me think we might be Similarly occupied.
Shall we dance?
On a bright cloud of music shall we fly?
Shall we dance?
Shall we then say "goodnight" and mean "goodbye"?
Or perchance,
When the last little star has left the sky,
Shall we still be together
With are arms around each other
And shall you be my new romance?
On the clear understanding
That this kind of thing can happen,
Shall we dance?
Shall we dance?
Shall we dance?

Mentioned to my daughter that this dance scene is second only to the dance scene from the labyrinth, and she said "oh, we haven't seen labyrinth for a long time, let's watch it after this!" So, we are now into another fav. Sarah has just escaped from the oubliette. The goblin king confronts Sarah in the hallway, and there's a camera shot of Hogwart next to Bowie, but since Hogwart's head hits Bowie's waist, we get to see a shot of Bowie from waist to knees in skin tight pants.

No comments: